Monday, October 11, 2010

Packing

The biggest motivator for purging our belongings that I have ever had is this move.  I have begun calling it THE MOVE because it at times seems so crazy, so overwhelming, that such a name needs to be simple yet definitive.  "The Move" it is.  I even wrote that on a folder the other day and then filled said folder with all of our moving truck-related paperwork and FlyLady's Moving Tips printed out. Nothing says purging like creating more paperwork.

I have begun compiling a list of items we WILL move, because this seems easier than making a list of things NOT to move. There is a lot of stuff we're dumping here--at the local clothing bank, at the Goodwill, on Craigslist if anyone actually wants to pay money for our stuff--and we will never have to see it again. I look forward to this! We anticipate cramming 2300 sq ft of stuff for a family of six into a 1200 sq ft (or less) space for a family of six (and likely no basement, which as far as I know is not included in the square footage of this house...).

Meanwhile, I have already started looking into homeschooling in California, checked out various museum websites, investigated some social opportunities, etc. It is going to be very overwhelming regardless, but I hope that this extra preparation will help our acclimation to the area.

T- 10 weeks until the moving truck arrives

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! So glad to see you here blogging!

    Wow, you've got a lot going on. I hope your move goes smoothly. I know you will continue being led and you will continue following faithfully.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete